We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Draper Temple Open House


My brother and sister-in-law had extra tickets to the Draper Temple Open House on Friday afternoon so I decided to take the boys and tag along with them. We parked at a designated stake house, watched a video, waited for the shuttle bus and finally made our way up to the temple. It's a beautiful temple in a very nice area up on the hillside of Draper. We followed a mass of people through the interior of the temple and it is gorgeous. I couldn't get over how large this temple was! I guess after going to two very small temples for the last 5.5 years it was even bigger to me compared to what I've been used to. I especially loved the brides room and the celestial room. I wish I could have enjoyed it a bit more, but it was a mistake for me to have brought my two two- year-olds....they were just too young, too curious, and too rambunctious from all of the waiting ahead of time, not to mention the excitement of being with their cousins. Marc and I may go back and see it on our own, especially since he wasn't able to go. But if you have the opportunity to go through it, do it! Just don't bring your toddlers/preschoolers! :)

2 comments:

Katie said...

Glad you guys are back and up and running! Sorry about your horrendous flight experience- what insensitive jerks! We miss you guys already!

Whitney Blake said...

Lane and I went to the Rexburg Temple open house last Christmas and it was no neat to be able to look around at everything. Especially when how knows when we will ever go to the Rexburg temple in the near future. The Draper Temple looks beautiful!