I look at my baby now and already have a hard time picturing her as a newborn. Marc and I were talking about how it seemed forever ago that we had her little bassinet in the room with us. She's growing and changing so much!
At 5 months Isabel is:
*Exploring! Using her hands to grab objects. Can pick things up and starting to bang objects like a rattle. She loves different textures and especially loves to scritchy scratch the couch and other fabrics.
*Can officially roll over both directions, but doesn't. Funny baby will twist on her side, but will never commit to rolling all the way. She can move her body around by twisting and arching. If she is on her tummy, she will creep by moving her hands and slowly inch in a circle to reach different things.
*Very ticklish. Especially her thighs, under her chin, the bottoms of her feet, and her ribs. She squeals and screams out when she's tickled. She sounds like a girly-girl when she does it! It's our favorite thing to do when getting ready for bed.
*Loves being naked. Gets especially excited when being undressed and cries and twists when putting clothes on her.
*Currently trying to make different sounds. The last couple of days she's been "talking" with her tongue sticking out the side of her mouth. Super cute.
*Big time oral fixation. Constantly chewing on something, especially fingers. She has 3 fingers on her right hand that are always in her mouth. If she's nursing, she loves to stick her fingers in my mouth. Only when she's eating on the right side, apparently my mouth is like a magnet. It's funny.
*Showing more interest in eating foods, especially if it is NOT rice cereal. She's been eating pears lately. I've introduced applesauce a couple of times. Her Daddy is terrible about giving her food to taste (strawberries, french fries, jelly) She is hilarious to watch when she's tasting something she likes, her little tongue looks just like a snake!
*Loves to watch her siblings and soaks up all the attention she can get. She is so used to having people around her non-stop that she doesn't like to be alone (when she's awake).
*Showing separation anxiety. Gets worried when she can't see Mom or Dad.
*Found her toes. Being a winter baby, her toes are constantly covered. Whenever I change her diaper or take off her jammies or socks, she goes straight for her toes now.
I remember one of our friends from Cincinnati called 5 months "The Golden Age" because they aren't usually mobile, and are just delighted when someone gives them attention. Isabel is a joy to have in our home. It's fun to have a baby around. The big kids are so in love with her. (Marc and I are so in love with her too!)
1 comment:
Oh my goodness everyone is getting so big and doing so much! :) I wish I could be better at catching up more often but I do enjoy when I take a moment and reflect on how you and your family are doing in life. I am glad things are going so well.
Post a Comment