We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Girls Night Out

I keep in touch with several of my girlfriends from High School. We get together every blue moon. I have one friend, Sarah, who I would consider my closest friend. She's the kind of friend where we can go months without talking, then pick things up like no time has ever elapsed. What makes things even better, is that our husbands really enjoy each other, so it is super fun when we all get together. Sarah & Steve lived in Boise while we lived in Cincinnati, and then we moved to Boise, they moved to North Dakota. Stinkers! I would have LOVED living close to the Tolmans! They try to see us when they come back to visit, but both their families live here, and it's always full of drama trying to please the family. We don't get t see each other near as often as I'd like to!


Anyway, Sarah was in town at the end of December, and all of us girls were going to get together to have an epic Girls Night Out. Apparently, Sarah's family all got really sick while they were on vacation, and she had to cancel her plans. I was so disappointed. I had so looked forward to going and seeing her. I ended up going to the party and hanging out with Deanna, Kallie, Nicole, and Cassie. It was good to see them and catch up. Man have our conversations changed in the last 16 years! Amazing how life experiences change you. I stayed until midnight and took off. The other girls were there until almost 2 in the morning! I'm getting too old. Staying up late takes too much out of me and leaves me totally wasted the next day. Not to mention the infant who wakes up multiple times during the night, staying up late is a hard price to pay! 

It's been years since I've seen some of the girls. I wonder if we didn't have facebook if we would be more inclined to get together in person more frequently. In some ways I really like facebook and being able to "see" what other people are doing. But in other ways, I despise it and how it has replaced the "need" for physical presence and real conversation. We'll see when the next get together is. 

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

How fun! I am sorry your one friend could not make it but I'm glad the rest of you could get together and have fun!