We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Perspective

So many of my friends are going through really difficult things right now. In the last week alone, one friend found out her 4 year old daughter has a tumor on her optic nerve that is causing vision loss and has to go through chemotherapy every week for the next year. Another friends' husband went through emergency open heart surgery and almost didn't come out alive. And another had a water pipe burst in the middle in the of the night, flooded the home so badly that disaster relief has to come in and they have to live in a hotel for the next 3-6 weeks. Since the new year, two of my college friends both delivered still-born babies (for one, it was her second stillbirth).

It makes me think twice before I complain. It makes me turn off the computer a little more and try to spend more time creating memories with my children. It makes me hold onto my husband a little longer, especially after spending 4 days apart from him. I'm trying harder to live in the "now" moment, and be grateful for what I do have. We have so much to be thankful for. I want to appreciate the little things more, because they can be taken away so quickly. We all face our different challenges and trials, as much as they seem difficult, we'll never face anything we can't handle. And in the meantime, I'll be grateful for my own difficulties and pray fiercely for those going through such drastic, life altering things. What are you thankful for you today?

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm grateful to be in a position to have the extra resources to give hugs, calls, conversation to those who are experiencing life altering events. You're great.

Corinne Baird said...

I hear you. My friend also just lost her baby while in labor. I'm so grateful for General Conference yesterday and today.