We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Saturday, March 10, 2012

Ode to the birthday boy


Saturday, March 10th, we celebrated Marc's birthday. We were up nice and early to get to an 8:00 am swim workout. Marc is trying to get a group swim and run/bike up and running here in Caldwell and last Saturday was the first day. We had a great turnout and had a lot of fun! It felt great to be in the water with so many people. I was unable to stay and run or cycle, but the people that did really enjoyed it.

Afterwards, we enjoyed a relaxing morning. The kids and I took naps, then I set to work on Marc's birthday dessert, this brownie mosaic cheesecake. It was time consuming, but absolutely de-LICIOUS!! We took Marc to a store so he could pick out some running socks (gift of choice). He later indulged in watching some college basketball and we got the house cleaned up. Gina & Bryan had arranged for a babysitter to come to our house along with their kids, and we were treated to a fantastic dinner at the Outback Steakhouse. The picture quality stinks, but at least we tried to capture a memory from the night.


To ensure the babysitter earned her wages, we stayed out long enough for her to put all 5 kids to bed. To kill some time, we tried on the most ridiculous shoes we could find at Kohl's. At least it kept Gina and I entertained :) We got back home and everyone but Lexi was asleep. I got her situated and we settled in for a night of Pinochle. I thought Gina and I had a chance of finally beating the boys, but they weaseled their way into the lead. If we weren't all feeling a little sick, I think we would have stayed up later. It was a really fun night and we are so thankful to our good friends who helped make it possible.

 This post wouldn't be complete without a little ode to my husband:

One of  my earliest memories of hanging out with Marc was on the 4th of July of 2001. We went bowling, grabbed ice cream cones at Maceys, I think we might have even gone swimming. He was pretty cute, was fun to flirt with and caught my attention:

This was the first birthday I spent with him. One of his roommate's mom invited all of them (and the token fiance) to dinner.
 The next birthday I spent with him, I was his wife. And for some reason, we replaced all the boys surrounding him, to a whole bunch of girls:
 Marc is thoughtful, artistic and purposeful. I love to watch him create things.
 He cares a lot about people. He makes sure that people know they are loved and he gives the best hugs!
One of the happiest days of my life was when Marc became a father. It was something I wanted so badly for him. 
 He was so smitten by all of our babies. I think he was forced to be more involved than most dads because of the demanding nature of twins, but he never complained.
 
  If anyone has melted his heart, it has been our daughter. From the moment he laid eyes on her, she's unlocked a special place in his soul.
  Spending time with our kids is important to Marc. It has been one of the driving factors in choosing a career and the thing that makes him the most happy.
 I love that he makes moments to share with his kids.


And he is thrilled when we stop by the office:

 Marc loves to be happy. He loves to laugh, smile, make others smile, but most of all, have fun. He is easy to talk to, reliable, hard working, and a man of character. I am grateful that he is honest, compassionate, faithful, and committed. We are his number one priority and I have never doubted that. Love you babe!


No comments: