We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Hello 2012!

Happy New Year!
I'm chronologically going out of order, but I'll catch up on Christmas eventually. We celebrated New Year's Eve by Marc going to work, the kids and I attending my niece's baptism and going to bed early because I'm fighting a cold. I woke up at midnight to what sounded like cannons firing off outside our house and lots of screaming and yelling. I muttered to Marc "Happy New Year" and rolled over and went back to sleep. Maybe next year we'll avoid being sick and party it up!

I know a lot of people were saying "good riddance!" to 2011, but for us its been a pretty good year. We bought a house, potty trained our little girl, enjoyed some fun family trips, ran some memorable races, made new friends, tried new things, and made huge progress in paying off our debt. We lost several loved ones, sent our boys off to school, and faced several new challenges with serving in our church.

Things we're looking forward to this year:
* Being debt free! Woo hoo! should happen within the next two months if everything goes well!
* Our first real vacation without our kids
* More races, probably another Relay
* Kids in school every day ;)
* Making new friends and new memories and much more!

I've been a little nostalgic lately as it was this weekend 10 years ago that Marc and I decided we wanted to get married. I had flown out to Cincinnati to meet his family. We took unofficial "engagement pictures" I think Marc's Dad had a little more foresight than we did. I just thought it was fun to have pictures taken in a studio with my boyfriend :)

 
We had some new family pictures taken while we were back in Cincy last week and here's my favorite of Marc and I. Think we've changed any?



Hope you have a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Whitney Blake said...

Julie I love your hair right now.. so cute! Hope you guys had a fun time in Cincinnati!! Happy New Year!