I had all the kids come dressed in their costumes for Music Class the Tuesday before Halloween.
I decided to dress up at the last minute and broke out my witch costume with a pink wig....I think I scared all the kids as they came to the door. They couldn't quite figure what was going on and most of them got very bashful and clingy and either wouldn't stop looking at me, or wouldn't look at me, it was pretty funny. The kids looked adorable!
I tried to convince Lexi to wear a dragon costume (Tyler wore it when he was 2.5) and she was so excited about it the night before, she went all around the house breathing fire at everyone and half growling half roaring. But when I got her in the costume in the morning before the other kids came over she had a complete meltdown. Wouldn't put it on, threw a tantrum about it. When her friends started coming over, she finally decided to put it on, but then wouldn't get off the floor. So people were trying to come into our family room where we have class, and there's Lexi lying face down like a dead dragon that everyone had to step over.
She was awful for class, the little stinkpot. I couldn't get the kids enthused because she was being so rotten. It's hard to be up in front of everyone being silly by yourself.We finally got to some of the kids favorite songs (Witches Brew, 5 Little Pumpkins and The Skeleton Dance) and everyone kind of came out of their slump a little bit. The class ended on a high note (I hope) so that was good, but it definitely didn't go the way I wanted it to. Such is life I guess when you're working with a bunch of 2 and 3 year olds, you never know what they're going to do or how they're going to act!
No comments:
Post a Comment