Our Realtor surprised us Friday evening when he told us he had scheduled the Home Inspection for Saturday morning. Apparently, the listing agent turned on the utilities a little earlier than anticipated, no complaints from us! John Blakely from Blakely Home Inspections came out and checked everything out for us. We decided to meet up with him at the end of the inspection so we could review his findings and get some tips about the house. The results, not horrible deal breaking problems, but problems that have to be addressed none the less. First big thing, the dishwasher and garbage disposal don't work, and aren't connected to any plumbing right now. We're already purchasing a refrigerator, we were not anticipating another major appliance purchase, blah! The garage door opener needs to be re-attached to the door (hopefully that's all). The master toilet isn't connected to the pipes, we've got a broken window (knew that already) and our front columns in the front of the house weren't installed completely and are now suffering some water damage. Marc's parents are coming out in a couple of weeks to help us move, so we're hoping to take advantage of his dad while he's here and have him help us repair some of the things. We can ask the bank to fix some of the things, but they take it out of our closing cost credit dollar for dollar so I don't think it's in our best interest to have them do it.
I think I mentioned that the owner of this house we're renting has decided to sell the house. Somebody wants to come see the place tomorrow. I'm trying not to stress about it. But I've been trying to clean up all day today. I'm embarrassed to admit it was our bedroom that took the most work. It's been the worst pile up room in the house and just needed a good undertaking. It feels a lot better to have it clean again. And I figure the more time I spend cleaning now, the less time I'll have to spend cleaning when we move....at least I hope so!
Saturday, January 22, 2011
Home Inspection
Posted by
Julie G.
at
Saturday, January 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds exciting and that things are coming along. Saw the house on facebook...looks great!
Having a flushing toilet in the master is fairly important. The chances I'd forget in the middle of the night is pretty high. You reminded me that I need to clean my room too. You're about to be a homeowner. YIPPEE!
Post a Comment