We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Saturday, January 8, 2011

22 months

I think I've been meaning to do a Lexi "update" for about 4 months now. If I don't write it down here, I just forget! So here's what our little girl is up to:


Talking. Constantly! She's stringing lots of words together now. Probably the longest sentence is "I'm a child of God song Mommy!" Any other person but me, most likely wouldn't be able to understand it, but that's what she's trying to say :) One thing she says that we love is when she goes "I dunno". We're always floored when she pulls out words like "we-fwig-e-wator", "el-i-copper", or "applebees" (we received a gift card there for Christmas & treated our family on New Years Eve). It's not just "no" anymore, its "NO, MOMMY!" My favorite is when she's doing something naughty and I've caught her and she'll tell me "Bye bye mommy" like, go away and let me finish this. For the most part her words are pretty clear and she's pretty good at telling us what it is she wants...more like demanding what she wants, either way, she gets her point across. One funny story was when we were all in a meeting with our Bishop, Lexi proudly announced that she had a "BIG BOOGER!" And kept saying it over again until we got her a tissue.

Photo Sharing - Video Sharing -
rints.com/">Photo Printing

Playing. Lexi adores her baby doll she got for Christmas. Her name is Emmie & she spends a lot of time in Lexi's arms, in the stroller, at the dinner table & in her crib. It's heart-warming to watch Lex give Emmie kisses on the head and hug her. She's very gentle with her and loves giving her bottles & making sure she's wrapped up in her blanket. Another thing she loves to play with recently is the play food, particularly the pots and spoons. She likes Mr. Potato head, but gets frustrated when his eyes or ears or arms don't stick & keep falling out. She will play with anything the boys are playing with continues to drive them crazy by plopping herself right in the middle of whatever they are trying to do. We call her the "wannabe 4 year old" and it fits her perfectly! Tyler invited Lexi to a "doll party" one morning. They got out all her dolls & stuffed animals and had a pretend picnic with them. :Daddy giving "elephant rides":
Singing. In the last month, Lexi has picked up several new songs that she surprises us with daily when she bursts on in song. She loves "Itsy Bitsy Spider", "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" "ABC's" and "Popcorn Popping". She won't go to bed unless we've sung "I am a Child of God" or the "Temple song" (I love to see the temple). And she loves to participate in our Family Home Evening songs, we have some lively versions of "Once there was a snowman", "Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam", & "Book of Mormon Stories". It makes me miss the music classes the boys & I participated in when we lived in Cincinnati. I'd love to do something like that with her.
Getting into Trouble. Oh this girl can drive me crazy! She's learned to open doors and move chairs & stools around, which means I haven't been able to keep her out of anything. The child lock I had on my bathroom door was quickly disarmed by the Little Miss and she loves getting into my makeup and personal products. The worst was when she got into a bottle of nail polish and thought it was eye makeup. I don't think she'll be playing with that again. Or at least, I hope not. Fortunately I caught her pretty quickly before she caused too much damage. We were able to rinse it all out of her eyes and it came off her face with a lot of scrubbing and soap (not the most pleasant experience). I'm grateful the only thing it stained was her pajamas. I don't think bright pink nail polish stains on the carpet would please our Rental Company too much. She will sneak food whenever she can (I've never had this problem with the boys!) Since she can get into the pantry she thinks she can just help herself. Now she sees me and just runs with whatever she has.
Fun: Our Little Miss is a bundle of fun. She loves to laugh & play. Any chance she gets, she'll try to grab your hands & play "Ring Around the Rosies". She makes us smile every day. She loves nursery, and is pretty happy to go to the YMCA childwatch. We certainly love our little girl!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I love it! She is adorable. I love every last thing you said about her. Someday, she'll look at this posting, shake her head and say, "Wow. My mom loves me." She is a treat.