We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Monday, September 22, 2008

Busy Busy

Last week was crazy. I think either Marc or I had something going on every night of the week, and putting the kids to bed by yourself is exhausting in itself, so both of us were pretty wiped out by the end of it all. The biggest thing for me was trying to get all my stuff ready for the MOT sale on Friday night. Trying to sort what clothes to sell and which to keep, making sure everything was clean and then going through and labeling it all just takes so much time and energy (not to mention makes a huge mess and adds to the chaos of the house!)

I hate trying to price my items. I want to sell them at a price that other people will want to buy my clothes over the others that are being sold, but at the same time, I'm looking to make some money. I always think I have so much stuff until I pull up into the parking lot and see these other ladies with two car loads full of these huge bins and things strapped to the top of their cars. We decided that was the difference between being "done" having kids vs. holding onto your stuff so you can have more. Anyway, Marc helped me get everything inside the school and set up in its respective areas. I got the kids outfitted for winter with coats, hats, gloves, snow pants, & boots. Amazingly enough I didn't buy any toys! I picked up a few movies (one seller was selling Baby Einstein DVD's for $2 a piece!!) At the upcoming sales, I'm still looking for pajamas and some type of toy but don't know exactly what I'm looking for. I was at the school from 7-10:30 at night, then had to turn around and be back at 7:30 the next morning for the public sale. I think my stuff sold pretty decently, my large equipment and toys sold really well but I came home with way too many boxes of clothes. If I were to sell them at another sale this fall, I could probably make some more money--but I'm just not up to working another sale right now!!

1 comment:

*katie said...

Oh how I wish I lived closer and could come to your sales! Our's are just never as good as yours sound!!!