We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Friday, May 9, 2008

Tyler & Bryce's 2nd Birthday

Yesterday we celebrated the twins 2nd birthday. I can't believe they're 2!! The second year went by so much faster than the first. We had chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast, then went to the library for story time--it was kind of a chaotic time at the library, there were so many kids and they were all wound up. As usual, Tyler & Bryce like to draw instead of playing with the other toys there. When they were done both wanted to go give their pictures to Grandpa so we walked next door to the studio where Marc had balloons waiting for them. The balloons were a huge hit!

After naps, we ventured off to the Children's Museum. We had planned to go to the Zoo and then do a picnic at the park, but it was raining all day :( The boys had a fun time playing at the museum--and fortunately they are still too young to realize that we were supposed to have gone to the zoo. I imagine that in future years, it won't be this easy to change birthday plans!

When we came home from the museum, Marc had put some of their presents and the balloons out on the porch for them to come home to. Tyler's eyes lit up when he saw everything and just said "pwesents!" Our friend JoBeth from work gave the boys these adorable bubble blowers. They were so excited about the "Bubbles!!!!"










We had a birthday dinner of chicken nuggets, french fries & pears then we got out the Train Cake.







We sang to Tyler first and let him blow out the candle then lit it again and sang to Bryce.











We all enjoyed our cake--we enjoyed watching Tyler use the elephants trunk as a spoon to get the icing off. All in all, we had a fun, low key birthday and I think the boys felt like it was a special day which was my hope for them.

4 comments:

Katie said...

Yeah! Glad you guys had a great day. We missed you at Enrichment. The train cake turned out awesome!!!

Tolmans said...

YEAHHHHH.... happy birthday to the boys!!! Those sweet sweet boys! I can not believe it. I remember getting the email with the little picture of "baby a" and "baby b"... and of course just sobbing.... AND NOW THEY ARE 2!! Happy birthday!!

PS Jewels you gotta post a picture of your house- I have never seen it and I really want to :)

*katie said...

Happy Birthday Tyler and Bryce! I can't believe it was 2 years ago that Marc called me up to tell me you had twins! Time definitely does fly!

I love the birthday dinner--what more could boys ask for than nuggets, fries and pears?! The cake is adorable:)

Nick & Steph said...

I can't believe the boys are 2 already! It seems like just yesterday I was at your baby shower!