We've had a crazy busy week! The boys have been waking up earlier--which has actually been a good thing because I have more time in the mornings to Run. That's right, I, Julie, am running! I've been really proud of myself. I'm going to run a 5k with some friends this Saturday so I figured I better get my butt in gear if I was actually going to finish the race! It has been a lot harder to run with the kids than I had anticipated. Pushing 60+ pounds up and down hills is a really tough work out, especially for someone who hasn't done anything aerobic for the last year! The kids don't fit very well in their stroller/bike trailer--so they tend to start screaming pretty early into the run. They're usually in meltdown mode when we get home, then the funniest thing is they scream when I get them out because they want to get back in! Ahhhh, two year olds!
After our run on Monday my visiting teacher came, then we went to the library to get some new books and movies. We then went grocery shopping--ok lunch time is the best time to get sam-ples at Kroger! We got sandwiches with nice bread and lunch meat, cookies, fresh fruit, chocolate, so much that the kids didn't eat lunch when we got home. Marc worked late on Monday night so it was a long day for me. Especially since the boys are starting to fight over "Mommy time" they don't want to share me any more when it comes to sitting in my lap and having one on one time...it makes things difficult and I'm emotionally drained at the end of the day.
Tuesday, I got another great start in the morning with a run. Then we met up with some of my friends at the Zoo. It was so packed!! My kids had a blast playing with their friends and looking at the animals. We had a little picnic and stayed way longer than we usually do, but had a really good time. That night, our Young Women put on a "couple's dinner." Each year we provide a romantic dinner and babysitting for about 4-5 couples in our ward. They get their own classroom in the church that is set up all fancy and the youth serve them a nice dinner. I think it went great, and even better, it's over! :)
Wednesday it rained all day.We did playgroup at the church then I went Visiting Teaching. Marc had a basketball game that we all went to, then I went straight to a Presidency Meeting.
On Thursdays, we love going to story time at the library. The lady that runs it does an excellent job! They read, sing songs, and do puzzles/blocks/and color. We dropped by the studio for a second (since its right next door!) then headed off to do more visiting teaching. Marc worked late again, my house was trashed and I had no motivation to do anything about it!
Friday morning, the boy's friend Keith came over to play for awhile. It's always a little intense for their friends to come over by themselves because the boys tend to overwhelm them. I brought out the new kitchen I picked up at the MOT sale and all 3 kids enjoyed playing with all the food and plates and stuff. Marc came home for a long lunch and helped me with the 3 boys.
Saturday was a marathon day! I was at the church by 7:00 am to go on a youth temple trip up in Columbus. I drove up and back and I think it was about 2:30 or 3:00 when I got home. Marc was ancy for me to come back so he could cut the grass and get some things accomplished. He had some helpers while he was cutting the grass. Tyler wanted to be right by his side and help push the mower, while Bryce kept his distance from the mower and enjoyed playing with his own. We played in the front for quite awhile then all 4 of us went running. After dinner, we went to our friend's house for a graduation party (he just graduated from law school!) we left early from that to attend a wedding reception then finally crashed at home.
Sunday, I filled in for my YW President and went to Ward Council at 7:30 in the morning. Church went well, but the kids were absolutely rotten all afternoon! They hardly napped and were up screaming, throwing one tantrum after the next and overall cranky monkeys. We went for a bike ride after dinner. We biked up to the Anderson trail and got about 3/4 of the way through it. My legs were about to fall off! I had to stop and walk around a bit (my bike is the only one that has the trailer hook ups which means I get to pull the boys behind me uphill for the entire trip!) Marc traded bikes with me and got all the downhill stuff, with the exception of the huge steep hill getting back up to the library.
This is way longer than I thought it would be, but feels good to get it off my chest! The kids are finally asleep and I'm looking forward to putting my feet up, eating icecream, and watching a movie. This week should be a lot calmer! (knock on wood!!!!)
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Our Crazy Week!
Posted by
Julie G.
at
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Julie, it sounds like a fun and crazy week. My bike is the only one with the trailer hook-ups of the boys, too so I know how you feel. You are such a good mom!
Thanks for watching Keith! He had so much fun. I am really looking forward to moving close to you, so I pay you back, and you will not have to come all the way to Amelia to bring the boys to play! Hope this week is a little less crazy! Thanks again for helping me out!
Holy cow, you have had a busy week! Hope this week will be a little more on the calm side. Hey, Lane gets home on Saturday we should do something fun for the long weekend, like bbq or something
Whoa! I'm tired just reading that. You are one busy mama!
Post a Comment