Everyone likes to ask me, does it get any easier with twins? It's a different type of hard, a different type of busy. When they were newborns, I was so physically fatigued I couldn't think past getting through the next feeding and changing their diapers. Now, I'm emotionally drained. The screaming and fighting, tantrums over this that and the next, trying to keep both happy at the same time is beyond exhausting. Tyler & Bryce sleep in the same room and if one cries at night and I ever go in to check on them, the other one is instantly woken up & wants my attention as well. Then the screaming from both of them when I walk out and shut the door always makes me wonder why I ever went in in the first place. But they play together and entertain each other which is easier on me. Life with kids is just tough, no matter how many you have!
TYLER is the life of the party. My one word for Tyler this year is "JOLLY" he is for the most part a happy go lucky kind of guy. He loves other kids, he loves to smile and laugh, and he is very concerned about the well-being of everyone around him. Recently, if he is given a snack, he will tell me it's "Bryce's" and will run to find Bryce and give it to him. Tyler loves to play with the pretend food and the kitchen, I think it's mainly because he loves anything that has to do with food period! He is starting to chatter up a storm! He's linking words together to say some sentences and he's very animated in his expressions. Tyler can be very defiant. He'll look a
t me when he's about to do something naughty and I'll tell him "don't you dare" and he'll laugh and do it anyway (then run!) If Daddy could be around all day every day Tyler would be perfectly content. He loves his Daddy and is very distraught when he leaves or is not around at night. I'm afraid that the tubes in his ears have come out again (UGH!) He's waking up screaming again every time he's asleep and is very irritable & inconsolable lately. I can't decide how much of it is contributed to the fact that he's "2" or from being in pain. We go in for the 2 year check up with the regular pediatrician on Monday so I'm hoping he'll have some answers for me. If it is his ears again we're looking at a 3rd surgery in a little over a year and I'm just not sure I want to go through it again to only last for 5 months! Plus, we simply cannot afford another "elective" surgery! I hope if it is fluid in his ears, that it will clear up on its own....I'm crossing my fingers!
BRYCE is hard to label with just one word. He's observant, charming, emotional, enthusiastic, temperamental, & independent. Bryce loves to be around older kids. He watches them closely and learns from them quickly. He's happy in a room playing by himself. He loves to laugh! He en
tertains us by his laughing, which entertains him. Bryce is a Cars, Trucks & Trains boy. He is fun to watch because he will line up all his trucks and trains and things that go in a line and then get furious if Tyler touches one of them. It's hard for Bryce to be a twin. He has to share everything including his mother and he hates that. He deals with it because it's the only thing he's ever known, but it would be interesting to see how different he would be if he was an only child. The other night we were all going to go to Home Depot to help get some items, Tyler was screaming so horrifically just pulling out of the neighborhood we knew it wouldn't be worth hauling him all the way to the store, so we turned around and took him home. I left Bryce in the van thinking he could go with Marc on an outing by himself, but he was so distraught that Tyler & I had left that he cried until he could go inside with me. Bryce used to thrive in new environments and it didn't matter if he knew the people or not, but he has gotten incredibly clingy lately, once again I don't know if this is because he's "2" or if its his personality changing. He loves Bubbles. It's all he can talk about when he leaves Nursery and he's always asking for them at bath time or when we play. Bryce is very sweet. He's affectionate, cares strongly about his family, and is a joy to have around.
Thursday, May 29, 2008
My Boys
Posted by
Julie G.
at
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I get asked that same question a lot and I usually end up giving the exact same answer as you...It's a different kind of hard.
Post a Comment