We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

June Recap

I will try to be concise, though, I regret not being able to give each "event" its own post. I'm afraid if I don't lump it all together, I'll never get caught up, and I can't move forward with the present posts if that's the case! blah!!

We have filled every weekend with something fun this last month! I've enjoyed so many moments with Marc and the kids just being together.

Circus: The YMCA had a few tickets to go to the Circus, and we were fortunate enough to go! Even more, the tickets were for a suite in the Qwest Arena and we were hooked up! We all had a really fun time. Tyler will tell you his favorite thing was the Tigers jumping through the fire:
Bryce's favorite thing was the performing bear:
And Lexi's favorite act was the elephants:
The Park: The kids LOVE to play at the park. I think all 3 of them love the swings the most. The best thing is that there is a park across the street from the YMCA that does free lunch every day. I typically try to work out in the morning, so it works out perfectly for us to slip over there afterwards. Saves us the cost, preparation and cleanup of lunch and the kids ask me every day if they can eat there.

Garden: We attempted to have our own garden this year. It was such a cold spring, that we didn't end up planting until the first week of June. The kids were so excited about the garden. It was all I heard about until we got the seeds in, and bought a couple of tomato and pepper plants. Our strawberry plants are doing well and it was so exciting the first morning we were able to go outside and pick our own. There was definitely a sense of pride in those berries! We sliced up three little strawberries and split them with everyone. Bikes: Bryce has been asking to take the training wheels off his bike. I told him that if he wanted to do that, then he could use his money to buy a new helmet (that actually fit him) and when Daddy was home, that he would teach him. I heard about it for a couple of weeks, so finally we made a trip to Walmart and I helped him pick out a fancy new helmet and we went home and took the training wheels off his bike. It was a lot harder than he expected and he got scared really fast. Soon he'd had enough and refused to pedal anymore.
Tyler didn't want anything to do with taking off the training wheels, but decided to be brave and try it and he caught on quite quickly! He was so pleased with himself, and we were so proud of him for trying something that he was scared to do.Lexi cannot be left out of anything. She has learned to ride her tricycle and zips around the sidewalks. She's mad at me now, because I let the boys ride their bikes in the street, but not her.
Fathers & Sons: Marc took Bryce & Tyler on their first "Fathers & Son's" camping trip. The boys were so excited, they could hardly wait for Marc to get home from work so they could go. Apparently, they had a great time! They "hiked", roasted marshmallows, played kickball and tossed around a frisbee. Lexi was devastated that she didn't get to go. But I was finally able to cheer her up a little that we were going to have a girl party with some other some other mom's in the ward and there'd be treats there.

Misc: We spend lots of time reading. I love Lexi's hand under her chin in this picture.
Little surfer girl, hang loose baby!
Lexi somehow fell off the swing outside and ended up with this lovely black eye. Marc wanted to put black on the other side of her face to even it out:
Having a picnic outside on the picnic table:

Matching princesses. Lexi's cousin Claire came out to play one day, and Claire brought her princess dress with her. Her family had given Lexi the matching dress for her birthday so the girls got to dress up together and they absolutely loved it! It was so cute!
The boys think the sprinkler in the backyard is one of the best toys ever! Lexi is terrified of it, but I can't keep the boys out of it!Bioblitz: Gina is training for the St. George Marathon. I got in a few second half of her long distance runs with her. One Saturday morning, we ran out to Lake Lowell which is about 4.5 miles from our house. Our families met us there at the Deer Flat Wildlife refuge for a "Bioblitz" celebration.
They had snakes and a turtle to touch and look at, crafts, bugs, owls, all sorts of stuff. It was a fun morning and we were invited to a lunch in the park afterwards with the Sorensons. Gina took a bunch of cute pictures. I'm trying to be concise otherwise I'd post them all!

Game Night: Bryan & Gina invited us over for a game night. We went over a little early ate dessert together, then attempted to put the our kids and their kids to sleep at the Sorenson's so we could stay as late as we wanted without having to worry about a babysitter. We made the mistake of trying to put all 3 boys in the same room. Once we separated everyone they settled down a bit more, but it was a lot more of a struggle than we anticipated! Gina had prepared TONS of food. There was one other couple that came and we enjoyed getting to know them. Someone snuck out of bed, there is where we found him a while later:

Now I feel a little more caught up! Though I'm sure this post will take the entire page, lol!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Holy Cow! Such excitement. Glad you're having fun family times!