Monday morning I took the twins in for their 5 year check ups. They did the vision/hearing tests first and Bryce failed his vision test and Tyler failed his hearing test completely in one ear. Good grief! It was just the bottom lines that Bryce struggled with, but you could tell he was definitely guessing. I guess if he has to wear glasses it's not the end of the world, but he's just so little to start having eye problems! I didn't have to worry about glasses until 4th grade and I thought that was bad enough. It's Tyler's hearing that concerns me. He had an ear infection in December and ever since then his hearing hasn't been the same. He talks really loudly all the time and you often have to repeat things to him a couple of times before he'll respond. I took him to the doctor a while ago and he had fluid built up in his ears. The doctor wasn't too worried about it then, but said if he still had problems in a few months then we'd consult with an ENT. Well, as I sat there and watched the nurse tell him over and over "say beep when it goes beep" and he never said anything with the one ear it made me extremely nervous. He has a bunch of fluid still built up so we're hoping that maybe another set of tubes will help and that there hasn't been any permanent damage. But I won't know anything until we see an ENT.
Bryce is officially a half an inch taller than Tyler now. He's up to 44 inches which puts him into the 75% for height. He's right around 42 lbs which is about 60% for weight. Tyler is about 47.5 lbs which puts him at the 90% for weight. We're down 5% from last year so I feel good about that! They were very cooperative & polite for the doctor which always makes me happy, and they didn't need any shots which is always a great thing!
Friday, June 10, 2011
5 year check ups
Posted by
Julie G.
at
Friday, June 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love those healthy dr. appointments -- especially without shots!
Post a Comment