Even though Lexi took her first steps way back in January, she has refused to walk until just a few days ago. We've been waiting for it, sensing that it would happen any day, and sure enough, last week she just decided it was time to walk and off she went!! Wow! I am further reminded how much this child does things her own way on her own time schedule.
Photo Sharing - Video Sharing - Photo Printing
It's fun just sitting back & watching Lexi play. We got out a bunch of new toys for her to play with, & yet a box is still more fun :)
Lexi loves dogs. She gets so excited by any type of dog and will say "dah" (dog) "bah" (bark), puff out air for "woof" I need to get a video of it.
If her brothers are outside playing, she can't stand it if she's not out there with them. She just loves being one of the big kids. The cold doesn't seem to phase her & she's usually furious if I bring her in. We're really looking forward to warmer temperatures outside. I had considered a small sandbox for the boys, but I know I won't be able to keep Lexi out of it.....I'm not sure if I'm ready for a baby covered in sand every day, but I guess time will tell. If it keeps them busy and happy right??
Oh! And a last bit of news, she's fully weaned!! Happy/Sad day! I feel very liberated, but kind of sad at the same time. Weaning was a LONG process with this little girl. She was not thrilled about not nursing. We had to resort to juice a lot in the beginning to help appease her but now she takes a sippie cup of milk without question. And yes, she's on cow's milk. I couldn't get a straight answer out of the different pediatricians that we went to about allergies and they weren't suggesting having her tested for anything, so I figured we'd try cow's milk, see how she did and change if we needed to. She's done great. She still gets a rash with some dairy products, especially cheeses & yogurts, so I've stayed away from giving her a lot of those. But we're pretty optimistic about growing out of the milk allergy so that's great news!
No comments:
Post a Comment