We"d love to hear from you...Send us an email!

Monday, April 21, 2014

Julie's Birthday

 On March 28th, I turned 32 years old. I remember growing up, I could not wait to turn 16! It seemed like life didn't begin until you were 16. The thought struck me that it has now been 16 years since my 16th birthday. It feels like most of life's biggest moments happened in these past 16 years. Leaving home, going to college and getting my degree, falling in love, going through the temple, getting married, moving across the country, buying our first home, creating our family. I think those first 16 years were the preparatory years to shape me to make the kind of decisions that I made in the next.

Anyway, birthday celebrations were fun this year. After I fed the baby in the morning, Marc took her so I could sleep in! That was probably the best part of the day! He stayed home from work and made me breakfast and let me take my time getting ready in the morning. My mom had invited me out to lunch with her at "The Tea Room". It was a quaint little shop that is frilly and intimate. They have a small menu, but the food was delicious! I ordered a Monte Cristo sandwich. It was essentially a scone, with meat & cheese in the middle, sprinkled with powdered sugar and raspberry jam. I wasn't sure about the savory and sweet combination, but it was really yummy. I wasn't planning on eating the whole thing because it was enormous, and before I knew it, my plate was clean. I got to order a little chocolate truffle for dessert.

 
 
After lunch, we went over to a little boutique called "Charming Charlies". It mostly a jewelry store, but sells handbags, scarves, shoes, clothes, and other accessories. The merchandise is all sorted by color. So all the pink stuff is together, blue, red, teal, etc. Really fun store! Really overwhelming if you don't have something specific you are looking for. I picked out several new necklaces/earrings to vamp up my wardrobe a little bit.
 
When I walked in, Marc and the kids (the boys were home because it was spring break) were waiting for me with presents and a cake. I got several packages of Cadbury eggs, a new watch, and coupon books from the kids. Marc made me a cookie cake. I felt bad because I was so full from lunch I didn't want any right then!
 

Marc was supposed to have gone on a camp out with the priest quorum that night, the bishop, who was going with them, cancelled it due to inclement weather. They still wanted to do something with the boys, so they watched NCAA tournament basketball. Our house was volunteered. I had already celebrated all day, so it didn't bother me too much. Throughout the night, the bishop brought over strawberries as a way of thanking me for letting them crash our house on my birthday, my friend Gina dropped off a plate of brownies, our neighbors baked me a birthday cake, and our home teachers came by with a cherry coke. I felt loved. It was really sweet. This ends our marathon birthday (and Isabel's half birthday) month! Whew!

No comments: